These oatmeal cookies are packed with protein and fiber, so you can enjoy them for breakfast or as a snack on the go. Each cookie has less than 100 calories and more than 4g of protein
Low Sugar Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
These oatmeal cookies are packed with protein and fiber, so you can enjoy them for breakfast or as a snack on the go.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground oats, or oat flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, honey or agave
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup almond flakes
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients, rolled oats, oat flour, flaxseed meal and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients, sweetener, ricotta cheese, egg whites and applesauce.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Add the almond flakes and stir to combine. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a lined baking tray and press gently to form a cookie (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 15 minutes.
- Let them cool in the baking tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let the cookies set for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a glass of cold milk.
Calories: 95kcalCarbohydrates: 12.4gProtein: 4.2gFat: 3.2gSugar: 3.4g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram!Mention @howtocooksmarter and tag #howtocooksmarter