These low calorie cupcakes are great if you are dieting and are actually very delicious. This cupcake recipe is made from scratch – no flour, no butter and no sugar
Low Calorie Oatmeal Chocolate Cupcakes
These low calorie cupcakes are great if you are dieting and are actually very delicious.
- 1 1/2 cup ground oats or oat flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup hot milk, any milk of your choice
Vegan chocolate frosting:
- 7 oz firm tofu
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
Pumpkin chocolate frosting:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a bowl, sift together the ground oats, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, add the date paste, applesauce, vanilla extract, hot water and hot milk. Stir well to combine.
- Bring together the dry and wet ingredients, and mix everything gently with a spatula just to combine.
- Line your muffin pan with paper cups for easy removal.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake your cupcakes for 18-20 minutes at 350F (180C), you shouldn't over-bake the cupcakes.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Using a piping bag and decorating tip frost your cupcakes, or just spread the frosting on each cupcake with a knife.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (vegan chocolate frosting, per cupcake): 140 calories, fat 4.6g, carb 24g, protein 4.9g NUTRITIONAL INFO (pumpkin chocolate frosting, per cupcake): 135 calories, fat 5.5g, carb 21.5g, protein 3.4g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram!Mention @howtocooksmarter and tag #howtocooksmarter