This healthy burrito is made with homemade tortillas which taste so much better than store bought and have more nutrition, too. If you love Mexican food, this recipe will help you make your own breakfast burrito from scratch
Healthy Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito
- 1 cup ground oats (oat flour)
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca or cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
Toppings (for 1 burrito):
- 2 tbsp sweet potato
- 2 tbsp black beans
- 2 tbsp homemade salsa
- 1/2 scrambled egg
- 2 slices avocado
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, mix together ground oats, spelt flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the hot water and applesauce, and using a wooden spoon mix until dough starts to form.
- Transfer the dough to the floured surface and press couple of times. Wrap it up and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 5 equal portions, roll them into balls, cover and let rest for 10 more minutes.
- Roll each ball with a rolling pin into a round shape tortilla.
- Cook on dry skillet over high heat for 1 minute per side. Cover your tortillas with clean kitchen towel to keep warm and soft.
- Wrap your burrito in a way you like the most, with your favorite toppings.