These homemade bagels are a great healthy breakfast option, low in calorie and high in protein. They’re made with oats and Greek yogurt, which add to the nutrition of the recipe
Healthy Bagels With Greek Yogurt
These homemade bagels are a great healthy breakfast option, low in calorie and high in protein.
- 1 cup ground oats or oat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
My Everything bagel seasoning:
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp water
- olive oil
- In a bowl, mix together ground oats, spelt flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the greek yogurt and using a form mix until the dough starts to form.
- Transfer the dough to the floured surface and press couple of times, but no more. (you don't have to really knead the dough)
- Cut the dough into a 8 equal pieces and rolling into a ropes form a bagels.
- Place onto a lined baking tray, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, brush with the egg wash or olive oil and spinkle with Everything bagel seasoning or any seeds you like.
- Bake at 375F (190C) for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes and you can enjoy fresh and delicious bagels.
Calories: 149kcalCarbohydrates: 24.1gProtein: 9.4gFat: 2.2g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram!Mention @howtocooksmarter and tag #howtocooksmarter