This is low calorie chocolate cake you can enjoy without feeling any guilt. Healthier, packed with protein, but still decadent and full of flavor
Low Calorie Ricotta Chocolate Cake
This is low calorie chocolate cake you can enjoy without feeling any guilt.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 oz dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup ground oats, or oat flour
- First separate eggs, in one bowl add the whites and in another add the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites using a mixer, until stiff peaks form.
- To the egg yolks add the maple syrup and applesauce, and mix until combined.
- Add the ricotta cheese and melted dark chocolate, and mix one more time.
- Then, add the cocoa powder and oats, and bring it together.
- Now, gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the cake batter into parchment lined springform pan, and smooth the top.
- Bake at 320F (160C) for 50 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 2 hours.
- Slice and serve with some fresh berries and sprinkle of extra cocoa powder.
Calories: 136kcalCarbohydrates: 15.2gProtein: 7gFat: 6.3g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram!Mention @howtocooksmarter and tag #howtocooksmarter