These healthy coconut macaroons are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. They’re naturally sweetened, moist and rich in coconut flavor
Healthy Coconut Macaroons
These healthy coconut macaroons are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion.
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, honey or agave
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded or desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup ground oats or oat flour
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (25g), optional
- In a bowl, add room temperature egg whites, your sweetener, vanilla extract and salt. Beat with a fork until slightly foamy.
- Add the coconut and oats and mix it in, until the mixture is nice and sticky.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture onto a lined baking tray. If it's falling apart, form the cookie shape with your fingers.
- Bake at 325F (160C) for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool completely in a tray (or at least 30 minutes), to firm up.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
Calories: 104kcalCarbohydrates: 7.4gProtein: 1.6gFat: 7.9g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram!Mention @howtocooksmarter and tag #howtocooksmarter