These baked apple fritters are better for you than traditional which is deep fried in oil. It is healthier version, but still really soft and full of apple flavor
Baked Apple Fritters
These baked apple fritters are better for you than traditional which is deep fried in oil.
- 1/2 cup ground oats or oat flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour, or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca or cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, agave or honey
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 large apples, diced
- In a bowl combine oat flour, spelt flour, rice flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix together sweetener of your choice, applesauce, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt and egg yolk.
- Beat the egg white until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the egg white.
- Peel and dice the apples, and gently stir into the batter. Let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Scoop the batter using a cookie scoop (2 tbsp size) and plop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not flatten the tops.
- Bake at 400F (200C) for 15 minutes. After 10 minutes of baking brush the fritters with some melted butter, and place back in the oven until slightly browned.
- Serve with glass of cold milk or your favorite healthy drink.
Calories: 81kcalCarbohydrates: 16.6gProtein: 2.3gFat: 0.8g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram!Mention @howtocooksmarter and tag #howtocooksmarter