It’s a healthier twist on traditional pumpkin bread, made without oil, all-purpose flour and white sugar. This moist pumpkin bread is bursting with fall flavors, and it’s moist in every bite
Healthy Oat Flour Pumpkin Bread
This moist pumpkin bread is bursting with fall flavors, and it's moist in every bite.
- 1.5 cups ground oats or oat flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, agave or honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together the ground oats, quick cooking oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add the liquid sweetener (maple syrup, honey or agave), applesauce, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree, and whisk well until combined.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined, no more than that.
- Gently fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Grease your loaf pan with some butter or coconut oil, pour in the batter and smooth the top. Sprinkle with some pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes at 350F (180C), tent with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning.
- When baked let it cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes, then turn it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with pumpkin whipped cream (1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 tbsp honey).
PUMPKIN BREAD IN A MUG Ingredients: 4 tbsp ground oats or oat flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice 2 tbsp milk 1 tbsp maple syrup, honey or agave 2 tbsp pumpkin puree Preparation: Mix all the ingredients in a coffee mug and microwave on high for 1 minute. HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE: 4 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp cloves, 1 tsp allspice
Calories: 136kcalCarbohydrates: 24.2gProtein: 4gFat: 2.9g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram!Mention @howtocooksmarter and tag #howtocooksmarter