This chocolate banana bread is made without any oil or butter. It’s packed with fiber and protein, so it’s perfect for breakfast
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
This chocolate banana bread is made without any oil or butter.
- 1 1/4 cups ground oats or oat flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups mashed bananas – 3 medium bananas
- 2 tbps maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (50g) plus some for decoration
- In a bowl, mix together the ground oats, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix it up and set aside.
- In another bowl, mash 3 bananas, add the liquid sweetener (maple syrup, honey or agave), applesauce and Greek yogurt, egg, and whisk well until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir just until combined, no more than that.
- Gently fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Grease your loaf pan with some butter or coconut oil, pour in the batter and smooth the top. Sprinkle with some extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350F (180C), tent with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning.
- When baked let it cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes, then turn it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve with fresh strawberries and spoonful of Greek yogurt
Calories: 112kcalCarbohydrates: 21.4gProtein: 3.9gFat: 2.4g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram!Mention @howtocooksmarter and tag #howtocooksmarter